Hull, or Kingston-Upon-Hull as it is officially known, is a maritime city that sits on the banks of the river Humber. The city acted as England’s gateway to the rest of the world for hundreds of years. Hull is a dynamic and bustling city filled with a cosmopolitan mix of eccentric museums, medieval cobbled streets, and attractive Edwardian and Georgian architecture.
Put on the map as the 2017 UK City of Culture, Hull has a lot to offer both visitors and locals. Whether it’s a short day trip or a full weekend, you won’t be stuck for choice. After a day filled with exploring the historic nooks and cultural crannies of Hull, you may be looking for somewhere to enjoy your evening. Follow our guide to things to do in Hull – we know our stuff!
The Best Hull Attractions
The lively city of Hull has plenty of attractions to explore. From picturesque walking tours around the many points of architecture to the renowned fish trail, there is something for everyone. Whether you are visiting with friends or as a couple, let us introduce you to what’s on in Hull:
- Zebedee’s Yard – more than just a car park! It’s also host to city centre events, including The Freedom Festival and a season of music throughout the summer
- Hepworth Arcade – a Grade II Listed Arcade which was once home to Marks and Spencer’s first penny bazaar and a popular retreat on a rainy day
- Hull Minster – 700 years of cultural and spiritual heritage set within the heart of the old town of Hull. With fantastic Perpendicular Gothic architecture, this is a fascinating tourist destination
- East Riding Museum of Archaeology – enter a realm that brings more than 200 million years of history to life. Visit the famous Mortimer, a life-sized model mammoth that takes pride of place in the fossil collection
- Humber Bridge – of course, walk or cycle along Britain’s longest suspension bridge and the seventh longest suspension bridge in the world
- Napoleons Casino Hull – located on George Street, just a block away from the River Hull sits Napoleons Casino and Restaurant. The perfect setting to indulge in an evening of fine dining and traditional casino gaming – what better way to relax after a day of exploring the city?
Need Inspiration for an Evening of Entertainment?
Making a weekend of it? Napoleons Casino Hull has it all when it comes to evening entertainment. Enjoy gourmet dining, welcoming hospitality, and traditional casino gaming. With two bars, a contemporary restaurant, and a vibrant casino, you can sit back, relax, and tuck into our delicious cuisine.
Treat yourself to a night of affordable luxury with our Dine in Style restaurant deal. This fantastic offer includes a choice of drink on arrival, a delicious 3-course meal, and a £5 bet*. Kick off your contemporary dining experience with our caramelised red onion and Yorkshire blue bruschetta, served with pear puree, rocket leaves, and a walnut dressing. Follow with a delicious poached chicken and mushroom roulade with confit of fennel, mushroom risotto, and sage cream. Round off your meal with a scrumptious dessert, with a selection of sweet and savoury options. Dine in Style has something to delight every palate.
If you prefer a lighter bite but with masses of flavour, our small plates menu is perfect for you! Select any 3 small tapas-style plates for £12 from our Bar & Late Night Menu. Choose from dishes such as chicken Yakitori bao buns served with a cabbage and radish salad, sweet chilli dressing, our delicious buffalo cauliflower wings with a blue cheese dip and celery sticks, and so much more besides. See the full menu here – you will be spoiled for choice!
Our talented chefs combine world fusion cuisine with the classics we all know and love, served with a contemporary twist. We work hard to ensure our luxury restaurant dining and stylish bar menus cater to all tastes and preferences.
Join us for a quality dining experience in Hull:
- Dine in Style is available from 6pm until 10pm daily
- Bar & Late Night Menu is available from 5pm until 3am daily.
Our Napoleons food and drink offers are ideal for parties, celebrations, or just a great night out in Hull.
Napoleons Hull Events
If you are looking for a night filled with fun and laughter, round up your friends for one of our fabulous evening events. Join us for our karaoke night, held every second Monday of the month. Grab the mic and sing your heart out!
Is quizzing your thing? Get those cogs turning with Napoleons Hull quiz night, every third Wednesday of the month. With cash prizes and a jackpot question, our quiz night is a great excuse to get together with friends. There’s no need to be a Napoleons member for this event, just come along and register your team at the bar!
The Napoleons Hull Experience
Experience all Hull has to offer, then make your way over to Napoleons – and your list of things to do in Hull is complete! From mouth-watering cuisine and delectable refreshments to thrilling casino action and a contemporary venue to relax in, we’ve got it all. We can’t wait to welcome you to Napoleons Casino and Restaurant Hull.
**Bookings of 8 people or more must be booked via telephone or by emailing the Hull reservations team.